D.02 / I.02
- Class: I Class - 9 destroyers of 1935
- Displacement: 1,544 tons
- Dimensions: 326 (pp) 337 (oa) x 34 x 12.5 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 38,000 = 36 knots
- Armament: 5-4.7in QF Mk IX (5x1), 8-.5in MG; 10-21in (2x5) TT
- Complement: 175
- Builder: Cammell Laird (Birkenhead)
- Laid Down: 29 Apr 1936
- Launched: 15 Oct 1936
- Completed: 25 Jun 1937
- Service: Flotilla leader of I class, essentially a repeat of Hardy with pentad torpedo tubes. Served with Home FLeet assisting in destruction of U-63 in Feb 1940. Service in Norwegian campaign and Dakar operation in Sep 1940 where she was hit by shore batteries. Took part in Bismarck hunt and raid on Petsamo in 1941. Screened American aircraft carrier USS Wasp during aircraft replenishment missions to Malta in spring 1942. Arctic convoy duty to early 1943, then joined 4th Support Group in the North Atlantic before heading to Mediterranean, taking part in the landings in Sicily, Salerno, and Anzio.
Sunk by German aircraft using a HS293 glide bomb off Anzio 25 Feb 1944.