- Class: U - 8 destroyers of 1941
- Displacement: 1,777 tons standard / 2,528 tons full load
- Dimensions: 348' (wl) 362'9" (oa) x 35'8" x 10'
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 40,000 = 36 knots
- Armament: 4-4.7in QF Mk IX (4x1), 2-40mm Mk IV (1x2), 8-20mm (4x2); 8-21in (2x4) TT
- Complement: 225
- Builder: Swan Hunter & Wigham Richardson, Wallsend
- Laid Down: 1 Nov 1941
- Launched: 12 Oct 1942
- Completed: 27 May 1943
- Notes: 7th Emergency Flotilla class leader, and first to complete, Grenville served in the Bay of Biscay and Channel in 1943. All eight ships of the class assembled as the 25th Destroyer Flotilla to take part in the Normandy landings in June 1944, then moved to the Adriatic and thence to the East Indies in early 1945. Joined the British Pacific Fleet and served with TF57 in the Okinawa campaign.
In 1953-54 she was converted to a Type 15 fast anti-submarine frigate at Chatham Dockyard, with new pennant number F.197. Broken up 1983