- Class: Rapid Type 15 - 23 ASW frigates of 1951
- Displacement: 2,240 tons normal / 2,850 tons full load
- Dimensions: 358 (oa) x 36 x 14 ft
- Machinery: 1-shaft steam trubine 15,000shp = 27 knots
- Guns: 2-4.5in/45 QF Mk16 AA (1x2), 2-40mm Mk5 AA (1x2)
- ASW weapons: 2 Squid Mk 4 mortars; 2-21in TT (2x1)
- Complement: 195
- Builder: Cammell Laird
- Keel Laid: 16 Jun 1941
- Launched: 16 Jul 1942
- Commissioned: 20 Feb 1943
- Notes: Type 15 conversion of a standard "War Emergency" destroyer.
HMS Rapid was rebuilt and recommissioned in 1952-3. As a fairly cheap and quick solution to the post war Soviet fast submarine threat, she and her sisters were considered a success, and were quite handsome, balanced and cost effective uses of otherwise redundant although fairly recent hulls.