1944(Spider Navy SN-2-09)
- Class: Dixie - 5 destroyer tenders of 1939-40
- Displacement: 9,450 tons light / 18,000 tons full load
- Dimensions: 530'6" x 73'4" x 24'6"
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 11,000 = 19 knots
- Armament: 4-5"/38 (4x1), 8-40mm (4x2), 23-20mm A.A. guns
- Complement: 1181
- Builder: Tampa Shipbuilding Co., Tampa, Florida
- Laid down: 1 Dec 1941
- Launched: 7 Dec 1942
- Commissioned: 5 Jan 1944
- Decommissioned: 30 Sep 1982
- Notes: USS Piedmont arrived Pearl Harbor Mar 1944 for tender duties; moved to Marshall Islands in Jun to support Marianas operations. Transferred to SW Pacific Sep 1944; present at Seeadler Harbor in Nov when ammunition ship USS Mount Hood blew up; Piedmont suffered one fatality and minor damage. Moved to Ulithi early 1945 to support invasions of Lingayen Gulf, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa. Sailed to Leyte in Jun 1945 for rest and repairs before shifting to Eniwetok in Jul. Moved to Tokyo Bay for Japanese surrender and moored at Yokosuka 31 Aug to supply provisions for occupation forces. She remained in the Tokyo area until mid-Mar 1946.
Continued serving in Far East on multiple tours up to start of Korean War, which
found her on station in Japan supporting the 7th Fleet. She received four battle stars for Korean War service and later one campaign star for Vietnam War service. Transferred (leased) to Turkey 18 Oct 1982 and renamed Derya, then purchased outright 6 Aug 1987. Deleted from Turkish Navy in 1994 and scrapped in 1995.