1938(Saratoga Model Yard SMY-44)
- Class: Rigel - 1 destroyer tender of 1921
- Displacement: 6,250 tons light / 10,000 tons full load
- Dimensions: 423'9" (oa) x 54'3" x 20'7"
- Machinery: 1-shaft geared turbine, S.H.P. 2,500 = 10.5 knots
- Complement: 482
- Builder: Skinner and Eddy, Seattle, WA
- Laid down: 1918
- Transferred: 29 Oct 1921
- Commissioned: 24 Feb 1922
- Decommissioned: 11 Jul 1946
- Notes: Built as SS Edgecombe for the US Shipping Board. Transferred to the Navy and converted to a destroyer tender. Homeported at San Diego. Redesignated as base repair ship ARb-1 10 Apr 1941, she underwent overhaul at Bremerton before sailing to Hawaii for further work. Present in the yard at Pearl Harbor without armament on 7 Dec 1941, she was slightly damaged in the Japanese attack. Redesignated repair ship AR-11, her conversion was completed 7 Apr 1942. Served in the South and Southwest Pacific at Auckland, Espiritu Santo, Efate, Brisbane, Milne Bay, Hollandia, and Leyte Gulf, serving occasionally as a transport and as a headquarters ship. She earned four battle stars for her WWII service.