U.S.S. St. Mihiel
1943(Saratoga Model Shipyard SMY-43)
- Class: St. Mihiel - 12 transports of 1917
- Displacement: 8,550 tons
- Dimensions: 448 x 58 x 28 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, twin screws, 6000 shp = 15.5 knots
- Armament: 1-5"/38, 4-3"/50, 6-20mm
- Crew: 253
- Builder: American International Shipbuilding Corp, Hog Island, PA
- Launched: 19 Nov 1919
- Completed: 1922
- Commissioned: 21 Jul 1941
- Decommissioned: 24 Nov 1943
- Service: Built for U.S. Army Transportation Corps. Acquired by Navy from War Department 1941. Transport between West Coast and Alaska, occasionally Hawaii. Took part in occupation of Attu May 1943. Decommissioned and returned to USATS for conversion to hospital ship USAHS St. Mihiel. Decommissioned 1947 and laid up in James River; sold for scrapping 15 May 1957 to Bethlehem Steel Co. Received one battle star for her World War II service.