- Class: Hunt IV Class - 2 escort destroyers of 1940
- Displacement: 1,175 tons standard / 1,750 tons deep load
- Dimensions: 276 (pp) 296 (oa) x 33.5 x 11 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 19,000 = 25 knots
- Armament: 6-4in/45 QF Mk XVI HA (3x2), 4-2pdr pompom (1x4), 8-20mm AA (4x2) guns; 3-21in TT; 30 DC
- Complement: 164
- Builder: Thornycroft
- Laid Down: 28 Feb 1941
- Launched: 15 Sep 1942
- Completed: 12 Feb 1943
- Notes: A Thornycroft design with a longer forecastle than the earlier Hunt Types, and enough displacement to carry torpedoes.