- Type: Refrigerated cargo liner
- Displacement: 8,398 GRT
- Dimensions: 519'6" x 70'6" x 29'11"
- Machinery: 10-cyl. 2 SCSA MAN diesel, sinlge screw 11,250 BHP = 15.5 knots
- Builder: BremerVulkan Schiffbau & Machinenfabrik, Vegesack, Germany, 1956
- Service: The first of five ships built in Germany for the Blue Star Line, of which the Canberra Star, Hobart Star & Newcastle Star were sisters. The Gladstone Star and Townsville Star differed slightly in design. With the withdrawal and scrapping of four passenger ships from the River Plate run, the Canberra Star was renamed Buenos Aires Star and placed on the service in 1972.