Ethan Allen (SSBN-608)
(Mountford Models MM-289P)
- Class: ARDM - Medium auxiliary repair dry dock of 1944
- Displacement: 9,700 tons
- Dimensions: 536 x 81 ft
- Machinery: self-propelled but not ocean-going
- Builder: Pacific Bridge Co., Alameda, CA
- Laid down: 1943
- Commissioned: 22 Mar 1944 / 1 Oct 1963
- Decommissioned: 30 Sep 1949 / 10 Aug 2001
- Notes: Commissioned as USS ARD-19. Towed, in stages across the Pacific to join ServRon 10, arriving at Seeadler Harbor, Manus in Aug 1944. Later moved on to Ulithi and Kossol Roads, and after invasion of Leyte, to San Pedro Bay. On 27 Nov while servicing USS Ross (DD-563) she was struck by a kamikaze that caused significant damage to both vessels. Moved on to Subic Bay in 1945 through the end of the war. Towed back across the Pacific in 1948 and worked on the West Coast as part of ServRon 1. Sent through Panama Canal to join the Atlantic Reserve Fleet, Texas Group from 1949 to 1962.
Brought out of reserve in 1962 and towed to Jacksonville, FL, where she was converted at Gibbs Shipyards for service as a fleet ballistic missile submarine dry dock, after which she was recommissioned as USS Oak Ridge (ARDM-1). Stationed at Rota, Spain starting in 1964.