U.S.N.S. Montford Point
2014(Rhenania Junior RJN-80)
- Class: Montford Point -- 3 mobile landing platforms of 2010-12
- Displacement: 83,000 tons
- Dimensions: 784'9" (oa) x 164' x 25'6"
- Machinery: 2 diesel-electric; 16,320 bhp; 2 shafts = 15 knots
- Complement: 33 civilian
- Builder: National Steel and Shipbuilding, San Diego, Californiay
- Laid down: 19 Jan 2012
- Launched: 13 Nov 2012
- Completed: 14 May 2013
- Notes: Lead ship of new class of Mobile Landing Platforms, named in honor of African-American recruits who trained at Montford Point Camp, NC. Planned as part of the Maritime Prepositioning Force, they are designed to provide logistic support as a kind of seagoing pier, in situations where port facilities might not be available. Configured to support three LCAC.