Notes: Built for the US Army as Captain William Galt (FS-345). Acquired by the US Navy 1 Jul 1950 and placed in service as USNS T-AKL-25. Renamed Banner 5 Sep 1952, and commissioned as USS Banner AKL-25 in Nov at Pearl Harbor. Converted to an Environmental Research Ship at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, Aug to Oct 1965. Redesignated AGER-1 on 1 Jun 1967. Decommissioned at Yokosuka and scrapped in Japan 1970.
Sistership USS Pueblo AKL-44, converted to AGER-2, was seized by North Korean forces 23 Jan 1968 and 82 crew members were imprisoned for 11 months before being released 23 Dec 1968.