- Class: November - Project 627 - 14 nuclear attack submarines of 1952
- Displacement: 4,500 surfaced / 5,300 submerged tons
- Dimensions: 364 x 29.5 x 25 ft.
- Machinery: 2 pressurized water nuclear reactors; 2 screws, 30,000 shp = 15 surfaced / 30 submerged knots
- Torpedo tubes: 6-21in (forward); 4-16in (aft)
- Complement: 80
- Builder: Severodvinsk
- Laid Down: 24 Sep 1955
- Launched: 9 Aug 1957
- Completed: Jul 1 1958
- Notes: First Russian nuclear submarine. Assigned to Northern Fleet, she was the first Soviet submarine to reach the North Pole. Named Leninsky Komsomol in 1962. Suffered a major fire in 1967; 39 crew lost. Reactors later dumped in the Kara Sea. One sister completed to Project 627 standard, eleven to enhanced Project 627A, and one to Project 645 with two liquid-metal cooled reactors.