Kosmonaut Yuri Gagarin
- Class: Kosmonaut Yuri Gagarin - 1 space control-monitoring ship of 1970
- Displacement: 53,500 tons standard
- Dimensions: 760 x 102 x 33 ft.
- Machinery: 2 steam turbines with electric drive, 1 shaft, 19,000 shp = 18 knots
- Complement: 160 crew + 180 scientists
- Builder: Baltic Shipyard, Leningrad
- Laid down:
- Completed: Dec 1971
- Notes: The Gagarin was the world's largest ship fitted for scientific activities and the largest in service with turbo-electric propulsion. Based on a Sofiya class tanker hull and propulsion plant. The ship had recreation facilities including three swimming pools, a 300-seat theater, and a sports hall. The ship's tracking-communications equipment included Quad Ring, Ship bowl, Ship Shell, and two pair of Vee Tube antennas.