- Class: Kortenaer - 10 frigates of 1974-76
- Displacement: 3,000 tons standard; 3,785 tons full load
- Dimensions: 427 x 47 x 20 ft.
- Machinery: 2 x Rolls Royce Olympus TM3B gas turbines (main);
2 x Rolls Royce Tyne RM1C gas turbines (aux), 2 screws = 30 knots (main), 20 knots (aux)
- Missiles: 8 Harpoon SSM (2x4); 1 NATO Sea Sparrow SAM(1x8, 24 missiles)
- Guns: 2-76mm OTO-Melara
- ASW weapons: 4-324mm TT (4x1)
- Helicopters: 1 Westland Lynx
- Complement: 200
- Builder: Koninklijke Maatschappij De Schelde, Flushing
- Keel Laid: 8 Apr 1975
- Launched: 18 Dec 1976
- Commissioned: 26 Oct 1978
- Notes: Lead vessel of twelve 'standard' frigates to replace earlier destroyer and frigate classes. The second 76mm gun on the hangar was later replaced by a 40mm AA, or in other units of the class by a 30mm Goalkeeper CIWS. Overall a very successful design. Two were sold to Greece while fitting out in 1981 and additional ones were sold to Greece in the 1990s, including Kortenaer in 1997, which was renamed F 462 Kountouriotis. Two others sold to United Arab Emirates. Four still active with Royal Netherlands Navy in 2003.