Jacob van Heemskerck
- Class: Jacob van Heemskerck - 2 missile frigates of 1980
- Displacement: 3,000 tons standard; 3,750 tons full load
- Dimensions: 427 x 47 x 20 ft.
- Machinery: 2 x Rolls Royce Olympus TM3B gas turbines (main);
2 x Rolls Royce Tyne RM1C gas turbines (aux), 2 screws = 30 knots (main), 20 knots (aux)
- Missiles: 1 Standard SAM launcher (40 SM-1 missiles); 8 Harpoon SSM (2x4); 1 NATO Sea Sparrow SAM (1x8, 24 missiles)
- Guns: 1-30mm Goalkeeper CIWS; 2-20mm Oerlikon
- ASW weapons: 4-324mm TT (4x1)
- Complement: 197
- Builder: Koninklijke Maatschappij De Schelde, Flushing
- Keel Laid: 21 Jan 1981
- Launched: 5 Nov 1983
- Commissioned: 15 Jan 1986
- Notes: AAW variant of Kortenaer class; two of the original 12 Kortenaer's were completed for Greece, and two AAW variants were ordered as replacements, incorporating the US Standard missile system in place of a helicopter hangar and suppressing the forward 76mm gun.