- Class: Ice Patrol Ship
- Displacement: 6,100 tons
- Dimensions: 299 x 59 x 28 ft.
- Machinery: 2 Bergen BRM 8 diesels, 8,160hp = 15 knots
- Aircraft: 2 Lynx helicopters
- Complement: 126
- Builder: Ulstein Hallo, Norway, 1990
- Commissioned: 21 Nov 1991
- Service: Class 1A1 icebreaker built for Rieber Shipping as MV Polar Circle. Chartered by Royal Navy in 1991 and then purchased in 1992 and renamed Endurance. Her mission is to patrol and survey the Antarctic and South Atlantic, maintaining Sovereign Presence with Defence Diplomacy and supporting the global community of the Antarctic, including the British Antarctic Survey. Carried HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh at the International Fleet Review as part of the Trafalgar 200 celebrations.