- Class: Whitby Type 12 - 6 ASW frigates of 1951
- Displacement: 2,150 tons light / 2,560 tons full load
- Dimensions: 370 (oa) x 41 x 17 ft
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared steam trubines 15,000shp = 27 knots
- Guns: 2-4.5in Mk 6 DP (1x2), 1-40mm Mk9
- ASW weapons: 2 Limbo Mk 10 mortars
- Complement: 152-231
- Builder: Cammell Laird
- Keel Laid: 23 Jun 1953
- Launched: 4 Oct 1955
- Commissioned: 18 Dec 1957
- Notes: The Type 12 frigates were the first postwar design to reflect all the experience of ASW fought less than 10 years previously, and were the "quality" standard that set the mark for all following frigates -- good seakeeping and speed in all weathers/conditions being paramount. With the heavy ASW armament they were, until the adoption of the shipborne helicopter, probably the finest frigates in service anywhere.
Tenby was converted for training duties with the addition of classroom and extra lifeboats and the replacement af a twin 40mm STAAG mount with a single 40mm. She operated as part of the Dartmouth Training Squadron from the early 1960s until 1970. She paid off and a proposed sale to Pakistan did not go through. She was broken up 1977.