- Class: Whitby Type 12 - 6 ASW frigates of 1951
- Displacement: 2,150 tons light / 2,560 tons full load
- Dimensions: 370 (oa) x 41 x 17 ft
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared steam trubines 15,000shp = 27 knots
- Guns: 2-4.5in Mk 6 DP (1x2), 2-40mm STAAG Mk2 (1x2)
- ASW weapons: 2 Limbo Mk 10 mortars; 12-21in TT (2x2+8x1)
- Complement: 152-231
- Builder: Vickers-Armstrong, Tyne
- Keel Laid: 11 Sep 1953
- Launched: 4 Apr 1955
- Commissioned: 10 May 1957
- Notes: The Type 12 frigates were the first postwar design to reflect all the experience of ASW fought less than 10 years previously, and were the "quality" standard that set the mark for all following frigates -- good seakeeping and speed in all weathers/conditions being paramount. With the heavy ASW armament they were, until the adoption of the shipborne helicopter, probably the finest frigates in service anywhere.
Scarborough carried the full ASW TT set briefly, as the specail Bidder torpedo never became operational. She was broken up 1977.