- Class: Diligence - 1 Forward Repair Ship of 1984
- Displacement: 10,765 tons full load
- Dimensions: 365.5 x 98.75 x 22 ft.
- Machinery: 5 Nohab Polar F216V-D 16-cyl. diesels (3,600 bhp each), electric drive: 1 CP prop; 6,000 bhp - 2 KaMeWa 1,500-shp side-thrusters forward, 2KaMeWa 1,500 shp rotatable thrusters aft = 15.5 knots
- Guns: 2-20mm Oerlikon
- Complement: 147
- Builder: Oresundsvarvet AB, Landskrona, Sweden, 1981
- Acquired: 31 Oct 1983
- Commissioned: 12 Mar 1984
- Notes: Built as the Stena Protector, a North Sea oilfiled support vessel. Chartered during the Falklands War for emergency repair work in the open sea, where she proved extremely useful. Purchased outright and given additional repair facilities. Used as a submarine tender in 1997, as a mine-countermeasures support ship in the Persian Gulf during 1998, and as a general support ship for the Falklands in 1999.