- Class: Absalon - 2 command & support ships of 2001
- Displacement: 6,300 tons
- Dimensions: 451 x 64 x 21 ft.
- Machinery: 2 x MTU 8000 M70 diesel engines, 22,300bhp = 28 knots
- Guns: 1-5in/54 Mk 45, 2-35mm Oerlikon, 7-12.7mm MG
- Missiles: 3 VLS with 36 Sea Sparrow, 16 Harpoon SSM
- ASW: MU90 Impact torpedoes
- Helicopters: 2 EH-101 or 2 Westland Lynx
- Complement: 169
- Builder: Odense Staalskibsvaerft, Odense, Denmark
- Laid down: Nov 2003
- Launched: 30 Jan 2005
- Commissioned: 2007
- Notes: HDMS Absalon and sister ship HDMS Esbern Snare are the biggest ships ever in the Royal Danish Navy. Designed for command and support roles with a large ro-ro deck. In 2008-9, Absalon played a prominent role in suppressing pirate activity off Somalia.