- Class: Liaoning - 1 aircraft carrier of 1985
- Displacement: 53,500 tons standard / 59,100 tons full load
- Dimensions: 999 oa/890 wl x 236 oa/125 wl x 29 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, 4 shafts, 200,000 SHP = 30 knots
- Missiles: 3 FL-3000N (18 cell SAM)
- Guns: 3-30mm Type 1030 CIWS
- ASW weapons: 2 ASW 12 tube rocket launchers
- Aircraft: J-15 fighters & Ka-31 helicopters
- Complement: 1200
- Builder: Black Sea Shipyard, Nikolayev (South) USSR & Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Co, Dalian, China
- Laid down: 6 Dec 1985
- Launched: 4 Dec 1988
- Completed: 25 Sep 2012
- Notes: Begun at the Black Sea Shipyard, Nikolayev, in the Soviet Union; launched as Riga, renamed Varyag in 1990. Transferred to Ukraine at the Soviet breakup. With hull and engines completed, but otherwise stripped, she was sold to a Chinese company in 1998, supposedly to be used as a floating casino in Macau. She was towed via the Bosphorus, Strait of Gibraltar, Cape of Good Hope, and Straits of Malacca to Dalian in 2001-2. In Jun 2005 she was moved to a dry dock to start a complete rebuild. Sea trials began in 2011 and she was commissioned into the People's Liberation Army Navy in 2012.