1941(Saratoga Model Shipyard SMY-17)
- Class: Coastal minesweeper - 35 converted trawlers purchased 1940
- Displacement: 98 tons
- Dimensions: 83 x 20 x 5 ft.
- Machinery: Diesel, 200 BHP = 10 knots
- Armament: 1-30 cal. MG
- Complement: 11
- Builder: Tacoma, WA, 1937
- Acquired: 28 Oct 1940
- Service: Built as tuna clipper New Example.
On 7 Dec 1941 she was on patrol outside Pearl Harbor when she spotted
a Japanese midget submarine trailing the storeship
USS Antares as the
latter was approaching the harbor. Condor notified destroyer USS
Ward (DD-139) which sank the midget. Condor served
in the Hawaii area throughout the war and was stricken from the Navy
24 Jul 1946.