U.S.S. Commencement Bay
- Class: Commencement Bay - 17 escort carriers of 1943
- Displacement: 10,900 tons
- Dimensions: 525(wl) 557(oa) x 75 (105.25 max) x 30.5 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 16,000 = 19 knots
- Armament: 2-5in/38 (2x1), 36-40mm (3x4 & 12x2) A.A. guns
- Aircraft: 34
- Complement: 1,066
- Builder: Todd Pacific, Tacoma WA
- Keel Laid: 23 Sep 1943
- Launched: 4 May 1944
- Commissioned: 27 Nov 1944
- Decommissioned: 30 Nov 1946
- Notes: First of the final class of escort carriers, based on a tanker hull. Two additional ship were launched but never commissioned. Commencement Bay was assigned mainly to air-crew training in the eastern Pacific and did not see combat. Placed in reserve postwar, she was redesignated a helicopter escort carrier CVHE in 1955 and later as aircraft transport AKV-37 in 1959. Stricken in 1971.