- Class: Casablanca - 50 escort csrriers of 1942
- Displacement: 7,800 tons
- Dimensions: 490(wl) 512.25(oa) x 65.5 (108 max) x 19.75 ft.
- Machinery: 1-shaft reciprocating, S.H.P. 9,000 = 19.25 knots
- Armament: 1-5in/38 (1x1), 16-40mm (8x2) A.A. guns
- Aircraft: 28
- Complement: 860
- Builder: Kaiser, Vancouver WA
- Laid down: 3 Nov 1942
- Launched: 5 Apr 1943
- Commissioned: 8 Jul 1943
- Decommissioned: 10 Jun 1946
- Action: First of fifty escort carriers designed from the S4 special naval hull. All were commissioned in just twelve months, being built at Henry J. Kaiser's shipyard using mass production techniques. Some were originally intended for the Royal Navy, but in the event all were retained by the US Navy. Employed on transport and training duties in the Pacific during the war. Placed in reserve postwar, she was stricken in 1959 and scrapped in 1961.