- Class: Bogue - 10 escort carriers of 1942
- Displacement: 9,800 tons
- Dimensions: 465(wl) 495.75(oa) x 69.5 (111.5 max) x 23.25 ft.
- Machinery: 1-shaft geared turbine, S.H.P. 8,500 = 18 knots
- Armament: 2-5"/38 (2x1), 20-40mm (10x2) A.A. guns
- Aircraft: 21
- Complement: 890
- Builder: Seattle-Tacoma Shipbuilding, Tacoma WA
- Keel Laid: 1 Oct 1941
- Launched: 15 Jan 1942
- Acquired: 1 May 1942
- Commissioned: 26 Sep 1942
- Decommissioned: 30 Nov 1946
- Notes: One of ten conversions from C3-S-A1 merchant hulls, with experience gained from Long Island and Charger. Eleven additional sisters went to Britain as the Attacker class. Bogue was laid down as Steel Advocate. Served primarily in the Atlantic on ASW and transport duties until after VE-Day. Her aircraft and/or escorts sank 12 enemy submarines from May 1943 to Aug 1944. Winner of a Presidential Unit Citation. Placed in reserve in 1946, she was redesignated a CVHE, but never reactivated.
- VC-42: FM-1 Wildcat
- VC-42: TBM-1 Avenger