U.S.S. Allen M. Sumner
- Class: Allen M. Sumner - 70 destroyers of 1942-43
- Displacement: 2,100 tons
- Dimensions: 369(wl) 376.5(oa) x 41 x 19 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 60,000 = 36.5 knots
- Armament: 6-5"/38 (3x2), 12-40mm (2x4,2x2) A.A. guns, 10-21"(2x5) T.T.
- Complement: 350
- Builder: Federal Kearny
- Keel Laid: 7 Jul 1943
- Launched: 15 Dec 1943
- Commissioned: 26 Jan 1944
- Decommissioned: 15 Aug 1973
- Notes: On patrol with sisters Moale (DD-693) and Cooper (DD-695) in Ormoc Bay, western Leyte, the Philippines, on 3 Dec 1944, met and engaged a Japanese reinforcement group including escort destroyers Kuwa and Taka. The former was sunk, but the latter sent Cooper to the bottom with a Long Lance torpedo. Saw additional action at Luzon, plus one Battle Star off Korea and two off Vietnam. Preserved as a memorial at Baltimore, Maryland.