- Class: Porter - 8 destroyers of 1933
- Displacement: 1,850 tons
- Dimensions: 372(wl) 381.25(oa) x 37 x 10.5 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 50,000 = 37 knots
- Armament: 5-5"/38 DP (2x2+1x1), 8-40mm AA (1x4+2x2), 8-20mm AA(8x1) guns; 8-21" (2x4) T.T.
- Complement: 290
- Builder: New York Shipbuilding Corp, Camden, NJ
- Keel Laid: 18 Dec 1933
- Launched: 18 Apr 1936
- Commissioned: 25 Nov 1936
- Decommissioned: 15 Oct 1945
- Notes: Original armament was 8-5"/38 SP (4x2) and 8-1.1"(2x4) AA and 8-21" TT. Served in the Pacific on various escort duties, including invasion of Guadalcanal. Badly damaged at the Battle of Vella Lavella, 6 Oct 1943, she lost her bow to a Japanese torpedo. After temporary repairs, including a temporary bow, she sailed to Mare Island for rebuilding to the configuration seen here, with her SP battery replaced by DP. Participated in Marianas invasion and Battle of the Philippine Sea. Reassigned to Atlantic from Sep 1944 for convoy duty.