1940(USA Models USA-012)
- Class: Porter - 8 destroyers of 1933
- Displacement: 1,805 tons
- Dimensions: 372(wl) 381.25(oa) x 37 x 10.5 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 50,000 = 37 knots
- Armament: 8-5"/38 (4x2) S.P., 8-1.1" (2x4) A.A. guns, 8-21"(2x4) T.T.
- Complement: 194
- Builder: Bethlehem, Quincy
- Keel Laid: 2 Jan 1934
- Launched: 15 Oct 1935
- Commissioned: 20 May 1936
- Decommissioned: 23 Oct 1945
- Notes: Prewar service included operations in the Atlantic, Caribbean, and Pacific. At outbreak of war she was being overhauled at San Diego. Escort duty to Hawaii and South Pacific, joined carrier TF in Feb-Mar 1942 for air raids on New Guinea. Continued convoy duty in Pacific to Dec 1942 when she reported to Balboa as flagship for Commander, Southeast Pacific Force. Patrolled South American coast until Aug 1944 when she sailed to east coast for overhaul. Then served on transatlantic convoys from Sep 1944 to Apr 1945. She received two battle stars for World War II service.