- Class: Wind - 5 icebreakers of 1942
- Displacement: 6,500 tons full load
- Dimensions: 269 x 64 x 26 ft
- Machinery: Diesel-electric drive, 12,000bhp = 16.8 knots
- Armament: 4-5"/38 (2x2), 12-40mm (3x4), 6-20 mm A.A. guns; 1 Grumman J2F Duck seaplane
- Complement: 316
- Builder: Western Pipe & Steel Co, San Pedro, CA
- Keel Laid: 1942
- Launched: 3 Jun 1943
- Commissioned: 1944
- Notes: One of eight icebreakers, five served the Coast Guard, two in the Navy, and one was built for Canada.
Eastwind captured the only German surface vessel taken at sea by American forces during World War II. Decommissioned 1968. Two additional sisters completed for Navy postwar.