- Class: Tennessee - 2 battleships of 1915
- Displacement: 37,000 tons
- Dimensions: 600(wl) 624(oa) x 114 x 30.5 ft.
- Machinery: 4-shaft turbo-electric drive, S.H.P. 30,000 = 21 knots
- Armor: belt 14 in., turrets 18 in.
- Armament: 12-14"/50 (4x3), 16-5"/38 (8x2), 56-40mm (14x4) A.A. guns
- Complement: 2,200
- Builder: Mare Island Navy Yard
- Keel Laid: 25 Oct 1916
- Launched: 20 Nov 1919
- Commissioned: 10 Aug 1921
- Notes: Appearance in 1945. California originally commissioned in 1921; as one of the newest battleships in the fleet, she had only minor antiaircraft upgrades in the interwar years. At Pearl Harbor California was hit by two bombs and two torpedoes and slowly settled to the harbor bottom. Raised by Mar 1942, received a major rebuild as did her sister, Tennessee, with only minor differences in final light AA dispositions.
- Service: Pearl Harbor, Saipan, Guam, Leyte, Surigao Strait, Iwo Jima, Okinawa