- Class: Wright - 1 seaplane tender of 1921
- Displacement: 8,675 tons standard / 11,500 tons full load
- Dimensions: 448' x 58'3" x 19'2"
- Machinery: 1-shaft geared turbine, SHP 6,000 = 15 knots
- Armament: 2-5"/51 (2x1), 2-3"/50 (2x1) AA guns
- Complement: 311
- Builder: American International Shipbuilding Co., Hog Island, PA
- Laid down: 5 Feb 1919
- Launched: 28 Apr 1920
- Commissioned: 16 Dec 1921
- Decommissioned: 21 Jun 1946
- Notes: One of twelve Type B Hog Island transports built for the US Shipping Board, and the only one initially delivered to the US Navy, the other eleven going to the US Army. Fitted out as a "Lighter-than-Air Aircraft Tender" (AZ-1), she served from 1922-25 in the Atlantic, Caribbean, and Pacific, mostly tending seaplanes. In 1925 she was converted to a "Heavier-than-Air Aircraft Tender" (AV-1). Served mostly in Atlantic and Caribbean until transfer to San Diego in 1932. Supported establishment of aviation bases in the Pacific from 1939, and was returning to Pearl Harbor from Midway on 7 Dec 1941. Transportation duties between Pearl Harbor and the South Pacific 1942-1944. Supported air operations from Treasury Islands, Bougainville, western New Guinea. Flagship for Service Squadron 7 and reclassified as HQ ship 1 Oct 1944 (AG-79). Flagship of ServRon 7 base at Subic Bay; renamed San Clemente 1 Feb 1945 to free name for new CVL-49. Jan-Apr 1946 occupation duties at Shanghai, whence returned to New York for decommissioning. Scrapped 1948.