1943(Saratoga Model Shipyard SMY-33)
- Class: Prometheus - 2 ships of 1904
- Displacement: 8,940 tons
- Dimensions: 466 x 60 x 19.5 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft reciprocating (VTE), S.H.P. 7,500 = 16 knots
- Armament: 2-5"/38, 4-3"/50, 4-40mm A.A. guns
- Complement: 737
- Builder: Mare Island Navy Yard, Vallejo, California
- Laid down: 18 Oct 1907
- Launched: 5 Dec 1908
- Commissioned: 15 Jan 1910 / 23 Dec 1914 / 15 May 1942
- Decommissioned: 7 Apr 1913 / 4 Oct 1924 / 1 Jul 1946
- Notes: Constructed as USS Ontario, Fleet Collier No.2. Served with a merchant complement until decommissioning to convert to a repair ship. Recommissioned as USS Prometheus, Repair Ship No.2; designation changed to AR-3 on 17 Jul 1920. Served in Atlantic and Pacific before being laid up in reserve at Bremerton in 1924. Began reactivation in 1941 and recommissioned in 1942, she sailed in Aug for Pearl Harbor, and then towed drydock ARD-2 to Noumea, New Caledonia, where she entered the repair business. Moved to Tulagi in spring 1944, to Manus in the fall and then Kossol Passage, Palau. Moved to Ulithi in early 1945, and then San Pedro Bay, Leyte. Participated in Occupation duties until returning to San Francisco in 1946 and then Puget Sound for deactivation. Scrapped in 1950.