- Class: Chanticleer - 9 submarine rescue vessels of 1940-44
- Displacement: 1,655 tons
- Dimensions: 240 (wl) 251.5 (oa) x 42 x 15 ft.
- Machinery: 1-shaft Diesel-electric, S.H.P. 3,000 = 15 knots
- Armament: 2-3"/50, 6-20 mm A.A. guns
- Complement: 102
- Builder: Moore Dry Dock Co., Oakland CA
- Launched: 29 May 1942
- Commissioned: 20 Nov 1942
- Notes: Arrived at Fremantle, Australia, 8 May 1943 to provide support for the submarines based there. In Oct 1944 she moved north to Port Darwin for a few months. Sent to Subic Bay, Luzon in Mar 1945 to help salvaging and locating sunken ships, both American and Japanese. Returned to US in 1946, she served on East Coast to Jun 1950 and then returned to Pacific, homeporting at San Diego and making occasional tours to the Far East.