- Class: Barnegat - 30 ships of 1938-40
- Displacement: 1,766 tons
- Dimensions: 300 (wl) 311 (oa) x 41 x 13.5 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft Diesel-electric drive, S.H.P. 6,080 = 18 knots
- Armament: 4-5"/38 (4x1), 4-40 mm (2x2) A.A. guns
- Complement: 215
- Builder: Puget Sound Navy Yard
- Launched: 23 May 1941
- Commissioned: 3 Jul 1941
- Notes: Deployed with Patrol Squadron 73 to Iceland, May-Oct 1942.
Participated in invasion of North Africa, providing fire support for landings at Mehedia, Morocco, 8 Nov 1942. Sailed up the Wadi Sebu to establish and support the Naval Air Station at Port Lyautey, Nov-Dec. Departed for U.S. 11 Dec 1942.
Shuttled supplies between Boston and Iceland during first half of 1943, then shifted to Natal, Brazil for patrol and escort duties in the South Atlantic. Departed Natal 12 May 1944 for overhaul in Boston. From July 1944 to Feb 1945 she carried troops and supplies to Europe. In Feb 1945 she sailed to the Panama Canal Zone, to serve with Fleet Air Wing 3, much of the time in the Galapagos Islands. She returned to Orange, Texas for inactivation and decommissioned 17 May 1946. Later mercantile Kentavros.