- Class: Acontius - 2 motor torpedo boat tenders of 1944
- Displacement: 5,236 tons light / 11,000 tons full load
- Dimensions: 413 x 60 x 22.5 ft.
- Machinery: Geared turbine engine, 1-shaft, 4,000 S.H.P. = 14 knots
- Armament: 1-5in/38 D.P., 8-40mm (4x2), 12-20mm (12x1) A.A. guns
- Complement: 289
- Builder: Pusey and Jones Corp, Wilmington, DE
- Keel Laid: 1943
- Launched: 12 Oct 1943
- Commissioned: 23 Jun 1944
- Decommissioned: 22 Mar 1946
- Notes: Laid down as a C1-A freighter and launched as Cape Carthage. Acquired by Navy 22 Dec 1943 and converted to AGP-12 as motor torpedo boat tender and small craft repair vessel. Seriously damaged craft could be lifted onto deck using a crane and cradle system. She is shown in Ms.31 12F camouflage, a design specific to her class. An early Elco 80' PT boat is shown on deck as a typical repair/rebuild job. Acontius reported to the Pacific Fleet, arriving at Tulagi, Solomon Islands, 18 Sep 1944. She tended PT boat squadrons at Tulagi; Blanche Harbor, Treasury Islands; Palau; Leyte; and Samar. She returned to San Francisco in Jan 1946 and transferred to Maritime Commission on decommissioning for layup in the National Defense Reserve Fleet.
Identical sister laid down as Cape Farewell and completed as AGP-13 Cyrene.