- Class: Crescent City
- Displacement: 9,255 tons
- Dimensions: 492 x 70 x 28 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, single screw = 16 knots
- Builder: Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Co., Newport News, Virginia
- Laid Down: 26 Mar 1942
- Launched: 19 Sep 1942
- Commissioned: 1 Dec 1942 / 30 Nov 1950
- Decommissioned: 26 Feb 1947 / 31 Oct 1968
- Service: One of six combiliners (C3-P design) laid down under Maritime Commission contracts for Delta Lines' South American service. Initially commissioned as AP-64; reclassified as attack transport APA-31 on 1 Feb 1943. Served as flagship of Western Task Force for Operation Husky, the invasion of Sicily, 10 Jul 1943, with VAdm Hewitt and LtGen Patton aboard. Transferred to Pacific in Sep 1943, participating in Gilbert Islands, Marianas, Marshall Islands, Leyte, Luzon, and Okinawa landings. Reactivated during Korean War, she served for 18 years in the Atlantic and Mediterranean.