- Class: Kirov (Project #26) - 6 cruisers of 1933
- Displacement: 7,880 tons
- Dimensions: 627 x 58 x 24 ft.
- Machinery: geared steam turbines, 2 screws, S.H.P. 113,000 = 36 knots
- Armor: Belt 2 in., main deck 2 in., turrets 3 in., barbettes 2 in., CT 6in.
- Armament: 9-7.1 in. (3x3), 6-3.9 in. (6x1), 6-45 mm A.A. (6x1) guns; 6-21 in. T.T. (2x3); 100 mines
- Aircraft: 2
- Complement: 734
- Builder: Ordzonikidze, Leningrad
- Laid Down: 22 Oct 1935
- Launched: 30 Nov 1936
- Completed: 26 Sep 1938
- Service: Served in Baltic Fleet. Participated in opening attacks on Finland, 1 Dec 1939. Following German attack on Soviet Union in 1941, based at Ust-Dvinsk near Riga; covered mine-laying activities. Almost trapped in Gulf of Riga, she was lightened enough to move back and defend Reval in Aug. Retreated to Leningrad area and supported defending army units. Damaged by aircraft bombs twice in Apr 1942; repairs stretched into 1943. Supported Soviet counteroffensive in Jan 1944 and subsequently, but stayed in Leningrad area. Retained in active fleet postwar; used as training and HQ ship until discarded 1974.