1945(Helge Fischer HF-9a)
- Class: I-15 Type B.1 - 20 submarines of 1939-40
- Displacement: 2,198 tons (surface) / 3,654 tons (submerged)
- Dimensions: 350.5 x 30.5 x 17 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft Diesel/Electric motors, H.P. 12,400/2,000 = 23.5/8 knots
- Armament: 6-21 in. (bow) T.T. and 17 torpedoes; 6 Kaiten
- Complement: 101
- Builder: Yokosuka Navy Yard
- Launched: 1 Nov 1941
- Completed: 30 Sep 1942
- Notes: Originally armed with 1-5.5 in. gun and carried 1 seaplane. In that configuration, her aircraft was used to reconnoiter Pearl Harbor 17 Oct 1943 to check whether American forces were gathering for an invasion of Wake Island. After her conversion to carry human torpedoes, she particpated in a mission to Ulithi atoll. I-36 launched one Kaiten on 20 Nov 1944 along with I-47, which launched four; one of these succeeded in sinking the fully loaded fleet oiler USS Mississinewa. After an aborted sortie to Iwo Jima in March 1945, she surrendered Aug 1945 at Sasebo; scuttled by USN off Goto 1 Apr 1946.