- Class: Sendai - 3 ships of 1921
- Displacement: 5,195 tons
- Dimensions: 490 (pp) 534 (oa) x 46.5 x 16 ft.
- Machinery: 4-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 90,000 = 35.25 knots
- Armor: Main belt 2 in., C.T. 2 in.
- Armament: 7-5.5 in. (7x1), 2-3 in. A.A. (2x1) guns, 8-24 in. (4x2) T.T.; 1 aircraft
- Complement: 450
- Builder: Mitsubishi (Nagasaki)
- Laid Down: 16 Feb 1922
- Launched: 30 Oct 1923
- Completed: 29 Apr 1924
- Service: Attached to Southern Force acting as flagship of the 3rd Destroyer Flotilla. Participated in the invasion of Malaya, escorting troop convoys from bases in Indo-China until early 1942. Part of force which engaged and sank British destroyer Thanet on 27 Jan 1942. In February and March she participated in the landings at Palembang and Java, then to Indian Ocean for operations in Andaman Islands. Took part in the Midway operation, then later in the Guadalcanal campaign. In action against U.S. cruisers Cleveland, Columbia,
Denver, and Montpelier 2 Nov 1943 at Battle of Empress Augusta Bay, while attempting to attack U.S. bridgehead on Bougainville. Shelled to a wreck, then finally sunk by gunfire from destroyer Ausburne.