- Class: Nagara - 6 ships of 1919-20
- Displacement: 5,088 tons standard; 5,832 full load
- Dimensions: 520 (wl) 535 (oa) x 48.5 x 16 ft.
- Machinery: 4-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 90,000 = 36 knots
- Armor: Main belt 2.5 in., C.T. 2 in., deck 1.25 in.
- Armament: 7-5.5 in. (7x1), 2-3 in. A.A. (2x1) guns; 8-24 in. T.T. (4x2); 1 aircraft
- Complement: 438
- Builder: Sasebo Navy Yard
- Laid Down: 9 Sep 1920
- Launched: 25 Apr 1921
- Completed: 21 Apr 1922
- Service: Served with the 16th Cruiser Squadron attached to the Southern Force at start of Pacific War. Participated in the landings in the Philippines, Celebes, and Bali, operating mainly as flagship of the 10th Destroyer Flotilla. Took part in Midway and Guadalcanal campaigns. During the Naval Battle of Guadalcanal, 14 Nov 1942, she sank destroyer USS Preston. Employed in the Marshall Islands during 1943, she was damaged by US carrier aircraft at Kwajalein and retired to Truk for repairs. She was torpedoed and sunk by submarine USS Croaker south of Nagasaki on 7 Aug 1944.