- Class: Katori - 3 ships of 1937-39
- Displacement: 5,890 tons
- Dimensions: 405 (pp) 425 (oa) x 52 x 18 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 8,000 = 18 knots
- Armor: Deck 2 in.
- Armament: 4-5.5 in. (2x2), 2-5 in. A.A., 4-25 mm. A.A. guns; 4-21 in. (2x2) T.T.; 1 aircraft
- Builder: Mitsubishi, Yokohama
- Laid Down:
- Launched: 17 Jun 1939
- Completed: 20 Apr 1940
- Service: Designed as training cruiser, but only one cruise carried out before commencement of hostilities. Served as flagship of 6th Submarine Fleet. Damaged by aircraft of TF58 at Truk, 17 Feb 1944, and then sunk later that day 40 mi NW of Truk by US cruisers Minneapolis and New Orleans and destroyers Radford and Burns.