- Class: Nagara - 6 cruisers of 1919-20
- Displacement: 5,088 tons standard; 5,832 full load
- Dimensions: 520 (wl) 535 (oa) x 46.5 x 16 ft.
- Machinery: 4-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 90,000 = 36 knots
- Armor: Main belt 2.5 in., C.T. 2 in., deck 1.5 in.
- Armament: 6-5 in. D.P. (3x2), 38-25 mm. A.A. (11x3+5x1) guns; 4-24 in. T.T. (2x2)
- Complement: 438
- Builder: Uraga Dock Co.
- Laid Down: 10 Aug 1920
- Launched: 29 Oct 1921
- Completed: 15 Aug 1923
- Notes: Originally armed with 7-5.5 in. guns and 8-24 in. T.T. Served in southwest Pacific, participating in the Guadalcanal campaign. Damaged by US aircraft 14 Nov 1942 and then in Jun 1943 by mine laid by submarine USS Silversides off Kavieng, New Ireland. After repairs she served in the Marshall Islands; severely damaged by US carrier aircraft on 4 Dec 1943 off Rota. Retired to Truk for temporary repairs, and then to Yokosuka in Jan 1944 for full repairs and conversion to an anti-aircraft cruiser as shown here. Re-entered service Oct 1944, participating in Battle of Cape Engano. Damaged again by carrier aircraft in Manila Bay on 19 Nov 1944 and then hit by torpedo from submarine USS Hake off Corregidor on 25 Nov. After further repairs, she was finally sunk by submarines Charr and Gabilan in the Java Sea on 7 Apr 1945 while serving as a fast transport.