- Class: Kongo - 4 battleships of 1910
- Displacement: 31,980 tons
- Dimensions: 654 (pp) 729.5 (oa) x 101 x 32 ft.
- Machinery: 4-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 136,000 = 30.5 knots
- Armor: Main belt 3 in. (bow), 8 in. (amid), 3 in. (aft), deck 2.75 in., turrets 9 in., C.T. 10 in.
- Armament: 8-14 in. (4x2), 8-6 in. (8x1), 12-5 in. A.A. (6x2), 20-25 mm. A.A. (10x2) guns; 3 aircraft
- Complement: 1,437
- Builder: Kawasaki, Kobe
- Laid Down: 16 Mar 1912
- Launched: 14 Dec 1913
- Completed: 19 Apr 1915
- Notes: The Kongo class was designed by Sir George Thurston as improved versions of the British Lion class.
The Kongo herself was built in a British yard, but Hiei,
Kirishima, and Haruna were all built in Japan. Initially classified as battlecruisers, they underwent extensive modernization in early 1930s and were reclassified as high speed battleships.