- Class: Merchant conversion of 1941
- Displacement: 6,863 tons
- Dimensions: 508 x 62 x 28 ft.
- Machinery: 1 7-cyl 2-stroke Kawasaki-M.A.N. Diesel engine, B.H.P. 7,600 = 17 knots
- Armament: 2-6 in. (2x1); 2-3 in. (2x1) A.A. guns; 8 seaplanes
- Builder: Kawasaki, Kobe, 1937
- Notes: Built as regfrigerator ship for Kawasaki Kisen KK. Taken over and converted to seaplane tender 1941. Rerated as transport Oct 1943. Sunk 23 Oct 1944 west of Luzon by submarine USS Sawfish. Three sisters were also converted for use as seaplane tenders: Kamikawa Maru, Kiyokawa Maru, and Kunikawa Maru.