- Class: Zuiho - 2 aircraft carriers of 1941
- Displacement: 11,262 tons
- Dimensions: 607 (pp) 712 (oa) x 59 x 21.5 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 52,000 = 28 knots
- Armament: 8-5 in. (4x2), 15-25 mm. A.A. guns
- Aircraft: 30
- Complement: 785
- Builder: Yokosuka Navy Yard
- Laid Down: 3 Dec 1934
- Launched: 1 Jun 1935
- Commissioned: Jan 1939
- Recommissioned: 26 Jan 1942
- Service: When launched, she was intended to be a high speed oiler, but instead she completed as the submarine depot ship Tsurugizaki . She was designed for easy conversion to an aircraft carrier, and was taken in hand in Jan 1941 for that purpose. On completion, she joined the 4th Carrier Division and was sunk soon after at the Battle of the Coral Sea, 7 May 1942, by aircraft from USS Lexington and USS Yorktown.