1941(Helge Fischer HFWI-8)
- Class: Cagni - 4 submarines of 1939
- Displacement: 1,708 (surface)/2,190 (submerged) tons
- Dimensions: 288 x 25 x 19 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft Diesels, H.P. 4,370/1,800 = 17/9 knots
- Armament: 14-17.7in T.T. (8 forward + 6 aft), 36 torpedoes; 2-3.9in, 4-13.2mm (2x2) guns
- Complement: 78
- Builder: Cantieri Riuniti dell'Adriatico, Monfalcone
- Keel Laid: 13 Oct 1939
- Launched: 16 Oct 1940
- Completed: 1 Jun 1941
- Notes: Largest class of attack submarines built for Italian Navy. Projected for commerce raiding, whence the lesser caliber of torpedoes (judged sufficient against merchant ships) and large number carried.
- Service: Scuttled off Bardia after having been damaged by British destroyer HMS Farndale while on transport mission.