- Class: Eritrea - 1 ship of 1937
- Displacement: 2,207 tons
- Dimensions: 318 (oa) x 44 x 12 ft
- Machinery: 2 Diesel-FIAT, with electric drive, B.H.P. 9,100 = 20 knots
- Armament: 4-4.7"/45 (2x2), 4-37mm A.A. (2x2) guns
- Complement: 244
- Builder: R. Cantierie di Castellammare di Stabia
- Laid down: 25 Jul 1935
- Launched: 20 Sep 1936
- Completed: 10 Feb 1937
- Notes: In Italian East Africa in June 1940 when Italy joined hostilities.
With the colony falling, Eritrea departed Massawa in early March 1941, and successfully ran British blockade, crossed the Indian Ocean, and arrived at Kobe, Japan on 23 March. Plans to act as a raider based there were thwarted by the Japanese. When Italy signed the armistice with the Allies in September 1943, the Eritrea managed to slip away and evade the Japanese blockade, reaching Colombo, Ceylon. Assisted in training Allied forces during remainder of the war.