- Class: P - 8 destroyers of 1939
- Displacement: 1,610 tons
- Dimensions: 337 (wl) 345 (oa) x 35 x 9 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 40,000 = 36 knots
- Armament: 4-4in AA (4x1), 4-2pdr AA (1x4), 4-20mm (4x1); 8-21in (1x4) TT
- Complement: 175
- Builder: Vickers Armstrong (Tyne)
- Laid Down: 26 Dec 1939
- Launched: 27 Mar 1941
- Completed: 14 Jul 1942
- Notes: 2nd Emergency Flotilla. Repeat of the O Class, initially with five 4in AA and one quad bank of TT, but four ships had the third 4in AA replaced by a second quad bank of TT as shown here.
- Service: Mediterranean Fleet 1942-43; Eastern Fleet 1944-45. Sank Japanese submarine I-27 12 Feb 1944 in company with Paladin. One of only three surviving class members, Petard was converted to a Type 16 frigate in 1956 and served until sold out in 1967.