- Class: M Class - 8 destroyers of 1938
- Displacement: 1,920 tons / 2,725 tons full load
- Dimensions: 345.5 (pp) 362.25 (oa) x 37 x 14 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 48,000 = 36 knots
- Armament: 6-4.7in DP Mk XI (3x2), 1-4in AA, 4-2pdr AA (1x4), 4-20mm (2x2); 4-21in (1x4) TT
- Complement: 226
- Builder: Parsons MST Co & Vickers-Armstrong (Walker)
- Laid Down: 23 Oct 1939
- Launched: 30 Oct 1940
- Completed: 2 Dec 1941
- Notes: Completed with single 4in gun in lieu of after bank of torpedo tubes. The M class were 'arcticized' and so served mostly in the Arctic on Russian convoys from 1942. Martin, along with Marne and Onslaught, caught and sank the German minelayer Ulm in the Barents Sea in Aug 1942. Moved to the Mediterranean for the landings in North Africa, Martin was torpedoed and sunk by U 431 off Algiers 10 Nov 1942.