- Class: H Class - 9 destroyers of 1933
- Displacement: 1,350 tons
- Dimensions: 320 (wl) 323 (oa) x 33 x 12.5 ft.
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 34,000 = 36 knots
- Armament: 4-4.7in QF Mk IX (4x1), 8-.5in MG (2x4); 8-21in (2x4) TT
- Complement: 145
- Builder: Vickers Armstrong (Barrow)
- Laid Down: 20 Sep 1934
- Launched: 15 Aug 1935
- Completed: 31 Jan 1936
- Service: 1st Destroyer Flotilla at outbreak of war. Participated in the evacuation from Dunkirk, receiving some damage from shore gunfire. After repairs, transferred to the Mediterranean and saw action at Dakar in Sep 1940, when in company with HMAS Australia and HMS Fury the French contre-torpilleur L'Audacieux was badly damaged in a gun fight. She later sank the Italian submarines Neghelli in the central Mediterranean in Jan 1941 and Anfitrite off Crete on 6 Mar 1941. In action at Cape Matapan later that month. Bombed and sunk in the Kithera Channel during the evacuation from Crete 22 May 1941.